Hi, I’m Yu-Chen Lin. A software engineer experienced in building reliable and flexible virtualization infrastructure solutions.
Working as a Software Engineer in Synology. We are building reliable and flexible virtualization infrastructure solutions on DiskStation Manager (DSM, An operating system that Synology developed). 2016 ~ Now
- Independent designed and implemented a license system for Synology Virtual Machine Manager.
- Cooperated with Active backup team to provide the ability of instant restore to Synology Virtual Machine Manager in Active Backup for Business.
- Experienced in the design and implementation of Virtual Machine and Virtual Machine Cluster.
- Integrated Virtual DSM into Synology Demo Site.
- Designed and implemented Virtual Machine Manager public API.
- Improved the performance of importing/exporting VM by modifying QEMU. We save 48% time in importing and 38% time in exporting. It also reduces the extra space requirement.
- Improved the performance of company’s internal automated testing framework about 9% without modifying CI testing code by letting it be able to run TestSuite parallelly.
- It has been more than a year since the Synology Demo Site was integrated into the Virtual DSM independently, and it has been operating stably without any problems.
In early 2016, I was an intern on Potentia. We built a simple chat bot by using Hubot. I’m responsible for surveying and constructing a Hubot environment which can be simply deployed.
In 2015 summer, I was an intern on ITRI. In this time, we built a simple song recommender system. I’m responsible for measuring the similarity between each song in this project.
Enjoy joining open source community to help others. In the past several years I've contributed to many open source projects.
QEMU is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.
In emulation area, I found QEMU would use an uninitialized variable which will cause core-dump in some special settings when using vhost-scsi-pci. In addition, I fixed an unexpected behavior on e1000 which will cause Windows VM hangs on booting sometimes. On the other hand, I fixed several bugs in virtual disk formats. In virtual disk format vmdk, I found there are some problems about creating vmdk in corner case. It affects all QEMU based hypervisor in the world to produce a correct OVA for deploying virtual machine. I also fixed the wrong reading behavior on dmg format, QEMU can correctly read apple disk image now. Additionally, I repaired a compatible issue between noVNC and qemu in websocket.
OVMF is an EDK II based project to enable UEFI support for Virtual Machines. OVMF contains sample UEFI firmware for QEMU and KVM.
I rewrote the VMWare SVGA driver in OVMF, all virtual machines using OVMF with -device vmware-svga in QEMU in the world will use it.
scrcpy provides display and control of Android devices connected on USB (or over TCP/IP).
In scrcpy, I implemented some useful features, including drag&drop to transfer file, detection adb when executing, etc. I also fixed some potential resource leaks and added some unittest.
Transfer files over WiFi from your computer to your smartphone from the terminal
I am a collaborator of this project. In this project, I totally rewrote the core part. I also implemented the upload file server and several minor fixs.
I also contributed to many other open source projects! For more detail, check my GitHub.
- Star Magisk
- Star GravityBox
- Star remi
- Star android-filepicker
- Star cppjieba
- Star beautiful-jekyll
This is a collection of some personal projects I’ve worked.
An android app for transforming between Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese.
- More than 20,000 downloads.
- More than 4,500 live users.
- Score 4.7/5 in google play.
Take a screenshot and share it quickly from Android quick setting tile.
- Gone to rank first in tool category of Google Play when it first released.
- More than 10,000 downloads.
- Score 4.6/5 in google play.
- Has a web interface for showing pokemon mission as well as reporting new mission by user.
M.S. in DSP group, CMLab, CSIE, National Taiwan University. 2014 ~ 2016
B.S. in Applied Mathematicals, National Chung Hsing University. 2010 ~ 2014